On September 19th & 20th over a 110 delegates from 10+ countries all over CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) and elsewhere, gathered in the luxury Opera Hotel in Kiev, Ukraine (part of the Leading Hotels of the World) to discuss the strategies and bottlenecks of hotel development in the region. The event was planned and executed by a small staff of HVS Moscow, and again proved us as a thought leader and the most forward-thinking group in the region.
“HVS is very pleased to see the continued support of the key players in the CIS hotel market,” said Ms. Tatiana Veller, Managing Director of HVS’s office in Moscow. “We saw many important speakers and sponsor partners reunite in Kiev, and we welcomed several new and insightful partners who kept the conference relevant and progressive.”
HVS iCON 2013 included noteworthy speakers and presenters from across the tourism industry, including:
- Abid Butt, CEO, Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts
- Dejan Djordjevic, Managing Director, ESTA Holding
- Scott Antel, Partner, DLA Piper
- Oleg Bolotov, President, Premier International
- Sergey Gluschenko, First Deputy Minister of Youth and Sport, Ukraine
- Alexis Delaroff, COO, Accor Russia & CIS
- Elie Younes, SVP & Head of Group Development, the Rezidor Hotel Group
- Igor Romanov, Member of Board of Directors, AZIMUT Hotels
Among other speakers iCON welcomed Development Directors of Marriott, Louvre Hotels, Starwood, IHG, Hilton; Representatives of EBRD & UniCredit as well as hotel owners.
Conference partners included Jacuzzi, DLA Piper, Ronnefeldt, Opera Hotel, Ukraine International Airlines, Euromonitor, Foundation for Environmental Education, Hotel News Now and many local media and associations.
iCON 2013 continued to receive great feedback with some of the following comments:
– “A very informative event about the region and a great place to get deals moving and know who is who in the CIS” – Elie Younes, the Rezidor Hotel Group
– “High profile hospitality event, covering most major aspects of the hospitality business, attended by top professionals in this field” – Dejan Djordjevic, ESTA Holding
– “Great Conference! I wish events like this happened more often in our region!” – Marina Chernova, Gerc
– “… iCON was very good, both by the make-up of the invitees, and by the networking opportunities.” – Igor Mazur, Global Estate
The place and date for the iCON 2014 Conference will be announced shortly.